Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Getting It Written

Please excuse me (again) for deviating from running for this blogpost. We'll call this the "family" portion of "runningfamilyman". I had started this blogpost over three months ago, but I was not entirely sure how to say it or to finish it. Frankly, I am scared at the thought of the truth behind this. For months, We didn't tell anybody that we were having difficulty getting pregnant again. We didn't even our family. Then I read a blog post about the lies that our social media accounts show.

We have been extremely fortunate to have been blessed with two amazing children. Healthy and Happy Children. Don't get me wrong, we live a really good life. But something else is missing. We're trying our best to make our children happy. Sometimes we hold the pain in and keep it close so that nobody else knows it.

People would hint about us having another child... trying to get us to tell them we're pregnant. We joked back making up excuses of "we're waiting" or "not sure we want another". Oh how badly I wish we could say we were. We both have known that we want more kids. But the current situation is there and it hurts. 

Over the last few months, I've spent time pondering and praying over this to find comfort and peace. I do know that there is a higher power in our lives. I believe that our Heavenly Father has a plan for us.

My sister shared this scripture recently and feel the need to share it. "For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith." Ether 12:12. I'd like to add verse 6 "for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." I've seen miracles happen for myself and for others. 

Maybe next month or next year or whenever we will get pregnant. Maybe Heavenly Father has a different plan for us. Whatever that is, I know that the most important thing for me right now is to keep moving forward. To provide for what I have been given. I have hope that we'll be blessed with another child.

We continue to enjoy life with our children. We know it's not easy being parents as it requires utmost sacrifice. But when I see my kids or wife laugh, I know I'm doing things right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment