Pages

Friday, May 15, 2015

Running Update

In March I wrote that I am "coming back to running". I've slowly, ever so slowly, making progress. I am running once or twice a week and slowly adding distance.

Last year (2014) was extremely hard not being able to run. 2015, I am feeling a lot better about my knee and it's ability to handle longer distances. The key for me is to continue to add mileage, but not speed. That is the approach I'll take for a while. Here is March, April, and May running distances. I will try again for 1.5 miles per run this weekend. Next week, I'll go for 1.75 miles per run.

The other thing that I am doing is cycling. I feel that having another form of exercise is going to help keep my legs strengthened.

I feel like my patience in 2014 paid off. I didn't push myself to get back into running before my knee was ready. And if the pain returns, I'll reconfigure my plan and go from there. Happy trails.









No comments:

Post a Comment