Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Massage out the Ache

When it comes to running (or other forms of exercise), sore muscles are often a result. At the suggestion of a close running friend, I purchased a "stick" that is used to roll out muscles.


The reason that I grown to love this more than the foam roller (I still use foam roller, but will discuss that in a later blog), is that it is small and can massage out just about every muscle group.

You can pick up one of these sticks (or similar product) at your local running store or purchase it online (like amazon). I picked mine up at Runners Corner in Orem. (I am in no way getting paid to mention them or this product)


Whether you are just starting out running, adding more miles, training for uphill or downhill, this type of stick will help you to recover quicker by rolling out your muscles. Pressure and tolerance is determined by you.

I was able to take this with me during the Ragnar Relay - Wasatch Back. It was more than helpful to have on hand in between my legs of the relay to keep my muscles from being to tight. I feel that this is one of the reasons that my recovery time was shortened immensely due to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment